At the end I have ported my ProxyGadgets and hack to MaxGUI to run under BlitzMax NG.
And without problems!
I had some problems with one proxygadget (spinner.bmx) – at the end I decided to change the name of quite every function & methods in it, and – magic! – everything runs (maybe, just my idea, some internal functions were already present – like Range() – or the transpiler doesn’t like some functions/methods)
I’ve made 2 different packages in the DOWNLOAD sections, so it is possible to use my proxygadgets on Vanilla BlitzMax and on NG.
Technically – the proxygadgets source – is identical.
Just MaxGUI has some changes (byte ptr in some functions) need to run.
The only change I made is on the Spinner ProxyGadget.
I added some ‘key shortcuts’: if you press PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN, the value increase or decrease of the 10% of the range (this was already present).
Now I’ve added a small increment using CURSOR KEYS (up & down) and the key HOME and END to move to limit of the range.
Another step… the future will be only BlitzMax NG